Friday, December 17, 2004

A poem for dad

This is from my dedication website.. www.regos.us

Gone but never forgotten

Our paths have crossed,
For but a small portion of time
In a relationship this world offers
Me as your son, You, as the father of mine

Yet in these few years,
For all that I've ever known
You've been there with me
A guiding hand to hold, all along

Wish I could have loved you more
For I know that I did not love you less
Yet in loving, I've felt
What many in this world will miss

You.ve left me to face this life
One full of hatred, complications and no one in my corner
But before leaving, gave me the strength
To stand and live with honor.

If I didn't say it, I will say it now
No matter how much time goes by
You will always live thru me
I will always be your son, I will see you on the other side.

~

No comments: